BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:27:21 -0500
Only did it twice.  First was Barnaby in Hello Dolly.  It seems odd to
me now that there was something remarkable about being able to pass for
16 at 23.  Hell, I was still getting carded.  But, that's why I got the
part.  Prez was probably because I had taken up cigar smoking.  It came
as a terrible surprise to everyone except me that I couldn't sing.

But I enjoyed messing with the stage crew and all of my future close
encounters with the stage were from that vantage point.  I liked it
much better.  I enjoyed the company of the back stage people much more
too.

Guess I'm a back stage kind of guy.  Not star material at all.  It
shows in my work.

-jc