Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:46:56 -0500
Bob,

The TS-2000 is one of the most accessible rigs.  It runs 160 thru 2 meters, as
well as 440 alll-mode.  You can add a module for 1.2GHz if you like.

The slightly newer TS-480 is even more accessible, as it speaks the menu
values as well as the power out.  The 2000 will speak most of the menu values,
but with mike gain and power out, you turn a multi-channel knob.  It beeps at
each end so you can tell where your power or mike gain is set.

Steve, K8SP

P.S.  There is a manual and keyboard guide for the ts-2000 at
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com