From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:23:59 -0400
Hi.

Actually, there is no XYL or even YL on this end, so that is not a
problem.  The fact that the power company was inconsiderate enough to run
their power lines through the front yard is a bit of a problem, however.  I
don't run anything past the front of the house just to maintain a proper
safety margin.  Besides, it's been my experience that you hear all kinds of
noise when you snuggle up too close to the power lines.

I don't have a tower, either.  That might help some because I could put
things up as inverted vees, and reduce the amount of space needed.

In my last QTH, I had 10 acres to play with.  I got pretty spoiled with
that.  The nearest neighbor was a good 350 feet away!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:05 PM 8/15/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Lou,
>
>I have probably a similarly sized lot.  Mine is 66 by 110, roughly.  I have a
>tree in the front that supports one end of the 75 meter inverted vee, and the
>other is on a 20-foot mast at the back fence.  The middle is supported on the
>tower.
>
>I've considered a quarter-wave sloper but haven't installed it yet.
>Unfortunately, my tower is guyed, so there will be some interaction which will
>affect the sloper's performance.
>
>I'm guessing the reason you say you can't put up a regular antenna is the XYL
>won't allow it to be supported in the front yard?

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]