From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:56:49 -0400
    Walt:

If you are using the wall charger, you will need to charge the battery for
about 6 or 7 hours.  If you have another means to charge the battery, such
as a smart charger, consult the manual for details.

It is my understanding that if you use the wall charger, and leave the
battery charging for a little more than the 6 or 7 hours, you won't hurt
anything because the charger is designed to shut down to a very small
trickle charge once the battery is completely charged.

Hope this helps.

P.s.  As many people already know from this list, I have learned from
experience that if you continually use the THF6A with a DC power source
other than the supplied battery pack, you will "cook" the lythium ion
battery pack, and it will not be able to be re-charged.  So, if you plan to
do this, purchase the extra battery case, and just stick it on the radio
empty.  I have done this for about a year now, with no problems at all.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ