From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:01 -0400
Anthony, if you're using Win 9X, 2K or XP Then first determine what COM port
you're using by going to the control panel/system/device manager.  In the
tree view of device manager, open the tree view of the computer and press
'P' until you get to ports.  Open this and scroll down to you're serial
adaptor and make sure it is working properly.   Make sure there are no other
programs taking over the serial port, such as software for a PDA  or driver
for an external synthesizer.  Also don't forget the obvious like making sure
all physical connections are secure.

Good luck, Ken