From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:42:47 -0500
Fine.  Not all of us had the luxury of being born with this condition.  I
find the tone of this remark insulting.  But, anyway, I got through my
Extra exam, so I guess I really don't particularly care whether any of this
stuff is made more readily accessible or not.  Perhaps it is best left as
it is.

--Lou K2LKK
At 06:46 PM 1/16/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Lou, sighted folks are expected to be able to read math so the same should be
>true of blind people.  Having doctoral level math under my belt I can tell you
>that the braille for doing so well exists especially for the basic types
>of math
>on the extra exam.  I found the only thing necessary for the math was to have
>the formulas correctly read.  This does not mean in words, it means to
>read the
>mathematicws as written by someone who knows the signs or via a scanning
>program
>up to the task of translation of scanning mathematics.
>
>Tom
>

>Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
>web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html

Louis Kim Kline