ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:42:48 -0500
A great song by Rich Mullins asks the  Lord in the lyrics if he ever made
angels in the snow, skip a rock across a quiet creek, scrape his knee and
etc. While in prayer a few weeks back, the thought came across to me how we
always see, well, I always saw when the peepers worked, pictures
representing Jesus with no teeth showing, no smile. A very solemn
depiction.  I began to wonder, did he smile, did he laugh, was there times
when he wasn't so burdened with his calling that he showed pleasure and
happiness in life? I then wondered of this with the disciples as well. I
ran a search on "laugh" and only came up with "laughter" and all references
referred to God laughing at the calamity of the wicked and etc. or in some
negative manner. And if I believe I remember right, all were in the Old
Testament and none in the New Testament. What ya think?

Do you think or know of a time if our fathers in faith, or Jesus took joy
and smiled?

Brad

   I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left