Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:55:19 -0400
Hi John.  When I first got a couple of scanners in 1990 when my parents
first split up I got a 20-channel base from dad and a 10-channel handheld
from mom.  As I write this, and think about those days in 1990 I have to
laugh.  My next scanner then went to include a 200-channel pro-43 and then a
300 channel BC235 and 245, and now a 1000 channel BC250D.  Those early
scanners were great starters, but starting with the 200 channel scanner I
had something that did 800 MHz analogue and had a search function where I
wouldn't have to sit there and search frequency by frequency like I had with
my first scanners.  As far as the 250D is concerned I really had no choice
if I wanted to continue to listen to my local police department as they went
to Motorola Astro Digital in the fall of 2001, and what a long 15 months
that was!  I feel for anyone who is in an area like Pennsylvania or San
Antonio, Texas where they are using different kinds of digital which are
unmonitorable.