Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:11:18 -0500
If you have an ohm meter, you can clip one lead to the chassis, and the
other lead to one of the leads of the DC cable.  Usually, one lead will
give you a reading of 0 ohms, and the other one will be somewhat higher,
and maybe even infinite if the radio is turned off.  The lead that gives
you a 0 reading is the negative one.  Then, you just have to know which one
on the power supply is negative, which you can determine with a volt
meter.  Incidentally, don't assume that all radios have diode
protection.  The TM-G707A does, but others may not.  I once had a Uniden
PCS5000 that blew the fuse when I connected it up the wrong way, which was
lucky but annoying since it didn't use a standard length fuse.  The worst
case is that you might cook the radio or burn out the supply.

Steve