EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jesse Fahnestock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 11:03:30 +0200
Hello list -- I'm a consultant working in information technology and
disability in Sweden.  I'm gathering information for a study on design
priorities for websites in the U.S., and where usabilitiy and accessibility
fit into those priorities. As part of the study I'm performing an informal
online survey, and I'd really appreciate the involvement of any subscribers
to this list. Given the lack of defnitive  information on the subject, I'm
hopeful that my study will add to the body of important information
available to the field! There are links to three surveys below, one general
survey, one for web designers with multiple clients, and one for
manufacturers and vendors of AT products. None of the fields in the surveys
are required -- you may skip the questions about budget size, for example.
Information will, of course, only be used in the anonymous aggregate. Please
contact me off list if you have any reservations about participating for
privacy reasons.

The most general survey can be completed by anyone with a general
understanding of their organization's priorities when it comes to web
development. It could be a webmaster, but need not be -- anyone with an
understanding of priorities may complete it.

http://www.1040consulting.com/AT_Study_2004/survey_website.htm

There is a separate survey for web designers and developers who work with
more than one client. This survey is meant to assess the priorities clients
hand to designers. It can be found here:

http://www.1040consulting.com/AT_Study_2004/survey_designshop.htm

Finally, there is a separate survey for manufacturers and resellers of AT
software. This survey is designed to assess customer awareness of usability
and accessibility issues.

http://www.1040consulting.com/AT_Study_2004/survey_vendor.htm

I'm more than happy to share the results of the survey with anyone who
participates -- please include your email address if you'd like to receive a
copy of the report when it is complete. Thanks everyone for your
contributions!

Jesse Fahnestock
10:40 Consulting
Anders Reimers v. 11
11750 Stockholm
Sweden
+46 8 669 1238

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<