From:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:23:18 -0500

Hi Everyone,

We have a lot of Sonic Drive Ins around here so I gave them a call to see what might be GF on their menus.  I spoke with Randy in Quality Assurance (405-225-4906) at length about gluten and he advised that they are working on putting a GF list on their website.  It will not be ready for awhile, however, more like the end of the year.

Until then, he advised that all of their slushes are GF.  They carry Coke products and a GF list from Coke was recently posted here.  As for milk shakes, the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, Butterfinger, Heath, M&M and Reeses are GF.   Their chocolate syrup for sundaes is also GF.  He did say that they clean the shake machine between uses, but you will want to tell the server to make sure that it is cleaned well before making your shake.  The malts, of course, are not GF.

Their hamburgers, hot dogs, and cheese are also GF -- minus the buns of course.   They do use a dedicated fryer for french fries and tater tots, but at the present time, the fries are coated with a wheat containing ingredient.  The good news is that by August, they will no longer be using fries that are coated.  The french fries will then be GF.  (I think we are making progress!)

Enjoy!

Barbara in Missouri