From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 11:36:07 -0400

Hi all-

I have been following up on the issue regarding the gf status of Arrowhead
Mills Maple Buckwheat flakes. I contacted Quality Assurance (QA) at the
Corporate Office, Hain-Celestial Group. A corporate QA manager contacted the
QA Manager who is in charge of Maple Buckwheat flakes to get answers to my
questions.

He told me that they test every ingredient that goes into the product.
They test every lot of the finished product.
All ingredients and the final product are tested and must be < 10ppm (parts
per million) for gluten.

In addition they have listened to comments about their non-standard labeling
and they will be changing the packaging. This may take some time to be seen
in the market as they need to use up the boxes that they have and there are
packages in the supply chain.

I was very impressed with how seriously my questions were considered and I
am satisfied with the answers.

I feel comfortable that this product is gluten-free.

Michael Thorn
Suffolk County Celiacs -GIG