Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dina De Palo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:45:53 -0500

Hello All,

I am new to the list, and have read through the FAQ and log list/archives.
I have found different information, but since I am newly diagnosed, excuse
me if I have some questions already answered. In RI area, if any from Rhode
Island are on here, let me know.

I am 35 years old, with a new diagnosis. To be brief, these are my tests
and results:

Ig A negative, Ig G negative, TTG positive twice--29.4 the first time and
50 the second time.

Endoscopy biposies were negative for damage. This is the so-called golden
standard, but since it was negative I was told this was because I didn't
have much damage. However, diagnosed with celiac, but not totally labeled
celiac, following GF diet for 4 months and retested for these antibodies to
confirm diagnosis.

Is this common? TTG is overwhelmingly abnormal I am told. Any more info,
please let me know. I saw a nutritionist about GF foods. I am at a loss, I
would think the biopsies would have shown some damage.

Thanks.