Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:21:15 -0700

Hi All,

My 11 year old daughter was diagnosed by blood tests and an intestinal biopsy 5 years ago.  She is has been on a strict GF diet for all of this time.  She is very compliant as well.  She is very small and thin for her age and is about 22 months behind in her bone age.
Recently she began to fall off of her growth curve again (she had fallen off before her diagnosis) so I took her to a new gastroenterologist who was highly recommended to us.

We had her bloodwork done again, but this time we had it done at Prometheus Labs.  We got the results of her testing back and everything apparently looks really good with her bloodwork.  One thing stood out however....She had no genetic marker for Celiac Disease.  According to my physician, there should be a DQ2 and a DQ8 marker.  (I hope that sounds right)

My question is this.....Is it possible for a person to have Celiac Disease, but not have the genetic marker?

If anyone has any input that they could offer me, I would really appreciate it.  I started searching around Celiac.com but did not find anything right away that addressed this particular issue.

My physician will be getting back to me in a couple of days, but in the meantime, I am really frustrated with this.

Thanks for any help that you can offer,

Beth Kassis
El Dorado Hills, CA