From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 01:27:48 -0500
Asthma can be triggered by so many different things that what is helpful in
controlling asthma for one person is not helpful for another. Cold air,
viral infections, exercise and ragweed are my major triggers, along with
perfume and other strong odors. I know other people who suffer most in hot
humid conditions, especially combined with multiple pollens like grass and
trees, and mold which flourishes in warm damp conditions. So the question of
whether a move will help a person with asthma really depends on the person
and what triggers their asthma. Unless you know what your triggers are,
moving to improve asthma is really a crap shoot, especially if your asthma
is primarily allergic;  not everyone's is. Allergens are everywhere and
moving from one place to another might just expose you to knew allergens
that are just as triggering as the one's you left behind.

I have never heard of a person whose asthma improved significantly through
dietary change. If such a person exists I would love to hear about her/him.
I know that I have been eating paleo, but I still can't take a walk in cold
air without wheezzing and becoming short of breath.

Jean