From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:00:43 +0100
Jerry

I use the ts2000 at my /p QTH - but the ft1000mp at my main location
much to the disgust of some on this list!

My primary mode is CW and use QSK to great effect.

The filtering is also superb for cw.

I have just had a look through my log, and a straw poll indicates that
for CW operators, the Yaesu top range gear is most preferred, then Icom,
and then Kenwood.

The ts930/40 were regarded as superb rigs for CW but for some reason the
TS2000 hasn't caught on.
I can only guess that this is due to the small front panel controls
which render fine tuning of CW signals more difficult than with a larger
VFO knob.

On a personal level I don't really find this an issue  as I am dextrous.

a slight annoying feature is that altering the side tone level takes
several steps, and isn't available from a simple control.

This I find to be an issue when changing from speaker to phones - you
could of course say that a real CW guy uses phones all the time!!!!

The reason for using speaker is that my /p shack is adjacent to the
kitchen and I often listen to CW while making coffee, food etc - and
even when talking with the xyl!!!!!!!

David

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jerry Neufeld
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David W Wood