From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:12:03 -0500
> Hi all, I've been on the list for a while, but have not posted yet.
> Responding to Kristina...I have arthritis - ankylosing spondylitis and I
> believe the original trigger of >the genetic factor was ultimately a poor
> digestive system which I now identify as leaky gut.  I am working with a
> naturopath, but it has taken me a year to really >get that I have to
> address this problem with committment and consistency. I take something
> called Intestinal Repair Complex, L-Glutamine and MSM that are >supposed
> to be 'healing' the leaky gut.
I just started taking Glutegenics from Metagenics - I know, supplements are
not paleo, but food alone doesn't seem to be helping.

> too thin I think... Mostly because my food choices are so limited that I
> find it hard to be as interested in eating as I once was...
No kidding - not only are my food choices restricted (although it sounds
like you are reacting to much more) but with my aching jaw  I have not been
able to chew. so today I have had turkey, endive, and carrots in the
blender. LOL I have definitely lost my interest in eating.

>I've recently been trying Dr. Jordan Rubin's Garden of Life
>products...anybody have anything to say about them? Primal Defense has been
>too hard on my gut, >even one tablet a day, so I'm backing off that until I
>heal a bit more and try again later. His product FYI also sounded good to
>help with inflammation, but I >reacted to that also. I do take his
>omegazyme digestive enzymes and they seem to help.
I used to take his Omegazyme but I think there is an ingredient I don't
tolerate anymore. I also took primal defense but am out now.

>Kristina, your strange illness/pains might be part of the cycle whereby as
>you are healing, you re-visit old pains ..there's a name for that, but it
>escapes me right >now.
I wondered about that, too. This morning I woke up with a headache and I
have not had one of those in a loooooooooong time. So maybe the pains are
good signs.

Thank you for all the feedback. I hope you will find relief and answers,
too.

Kristina