From:
thetasig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:37:09 -0700
Many of your concerns with minerals can be addressed by having organic
apple cider vinegar (my favorite is Braggs) in water each day (once or
twice) and by eating semi-sweet (or tart-ish) apples.  I think the dose
is about 1 tsp to 1 TBSp per glass of water.  Also you can splash it on
salads and other foods you eat.

Dark green, leafy vegetables usually have good levels of minerals -
zucchini, parsley, celery, cucumber, sorrel, etc.

[recognizing there is controversy regarding acidity and alkalinity in
diet] According to an old book I have (Folk Medicine - A Vermont
Doctor's Guide to Good Health - by D. C. Jarvis, M.D., Henry Holt and
Co. 1958 LOC 58-6454) if you waken each day feeling unfresh or weak or
cloudy or experience chronic fatigue (urine is too alkaline upon
waking), then you need to take more acid foods during the day.  The
alkaline-heavy body can result from too little acid food, cold
temperatures, worry and stress or non-recreational exercise (farm work
versus skiing, e.g.)  In general sweet tastes (watermelon, etc.) become
alkaline, sour tastes (cranberry, etc.) become acid in effect.  The
author insists that the cider vinegar and other sour foods remedy that
problem over time.  He also suggests not eating any wheat (alkaline in
effect), rather, corn, etc. (though not very paleo in concept) and
utilizing hot baths to move from alkaline to acid, esp. to stop a cold
in its tracks; to relieve physical fatigue, e.g.

Regards,

-=mark=-