From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 09:56:14 -0400
Bruce Merritt wrote:

>Todd Moody wrote:
>Is demelt right?
>No we feast than fast, same as other mammals.
>CR,Keto-diets and fastings health effects are from the direct
>relationship between blood glucose and immune function.
>High fat interrmitted fasted diet will produce lowest B/G.
>BM

I am interested in this.  Suppose my intention is to bring about the
lowest possible fasting insulin level.  According to what I've read, if
BG is at or below 84 mg/dl (that would be about 4.7 for the rest of the
world), the pancreas doesn't put out insulin.  I bought a BG testing
kit, and I've never yet found my BG to go that low.  Even after complete
fasting (water only) for a day or so, it stays in the low 90s.  The
lowest reading I've ever got was 88, the morning after having two
glasses of wine in the evening.  Do you suppose that the high fat
intermittent fasting regimen would produce a lower BG than complete
fasting?  It would make an interesting experiment.

Todd Moody