From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:17:38 -0600
> > I just read a review of a book that mentions how one's ethnicity plays a
> > part in how many carbs a person needs.  Basically, northern europeans
from
> > cold climates need very few carbs, mediterraneans need a moderate
amount,

I grew up in Germany and my whole background is German on both sides. I took
the self-test in a book called 'The Metabolic Typing Diet' by William
Wolcott and came out as a protein type each time. I also just had a hair
analysis done (still waiting on results) and it will determine more
accurately what metabolic type I am but for me personally I feel my best and
am the leanest when I stick to the basics - veggies, meat, fat (coconut oil
mostly), and some nuts. I only eat fruits occasionally and stick to the
lower glycemic ones when I do.

So maybe this theory is true, what I don't understand is why people from
colder climates need less carbs and vice versa. I thought it would have been
the other way around??!!