BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:31:02 -0400
We found tar, or bituminous material of some sort, schmeared on the inside faces of the brick walls at Lincoln Towers and intended to work as waterproofing.  Never checked it for asbestos content.

Asbestos in the 1920's schmear could have been intended (and I'm guessing here) either to reduce the flammability of the tar or for some "mechanical" purpose related to applying it or keeping it in place.
Ralph