Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:19:59 -0700
Thank you Jerry,

I as a back up have purchased a 266mhz used Dell computer with a com port.
It wasn't very expensive and I will have the ability to program the radios
on the fly and most especially the controller for the repeaters.  I hope
that this some day becomes a little easier to deal with.  Unfortunately the
computer manufacturers are way ahead of the rest of the world.
The port replicators are about
$80.00 and it isn't that much more to buy an old 266mhz machine with the com
port and will run JAWS and has win-2kpro on it plus the floppy and cd rom.
It is smaller and is going to be a good portable machine plus it will work
fine as a ham radio computer.  Definitely a learning experience and I
haven't finished with this new one yet.  There has to be  a way to make it
work for me...

73 de Brian, k5in