From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:53:00 -0400
Hi Howard,

Most Kenwood transceivers with a general coverage receiver automatically put
an attenuator in line when you tune through the broadcast band.  I don't
know how many DB the attenuator is, but you can hear it click in when you go
below 160 meters.  I know that there mods out there to defeat the automatic
attenuation, but I think that Kenwood did that to keep receivers from being
overloaded by strong broadcast signals.
Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is light from within."
-Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (1926 -)