From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:21:32 -0400
    Lou:

I don't know of any repair facility for the GE Super II. radio, and if I
did, I'd probably send mine there as well because I have started having
problems with the tuning function.  The string or wire that is used for
tuning has become rather loose, so it slips every once in a while.
Considering that I got the radio in 1988, though, I guess that's not too
bad.  Had trouble with this tuning function once before, and a guy in a
local repair shop got it back up and running for me.  He's not there, though
now any more.

I have replaced my GE Super II. with the Super III., and although the super
III. is ok, I don't think it's nearly as good as the super II. in terms of
sensitivity and/or selectivity on AM or FM.  But, then again, for the price,
it's probably not too bad.

Let us know how you make out.

Best 73 fromTom Behler: KB8TYJ