From:
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:57:34 -0500
Don't repeaters that have tones always use them anyways? I don't really see
much reason to disable them if systems already use them. I know a local one
used to have a code for doing such, which I used a few times on my old rig
when the PL would get messed up and I didn't have assistance to change it. I
heard some systems only use it at night for some reason. I've known of a
couple repeaters that had different courtesy beeps at night, not sure what
the point of changing at night does to the repeater besides a different
beep.