Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:15:51 -0600

Buddy wrote:
   >Actually, the rules say you can't set up any time before 24 hours
   >ahead of the start of FD. If you set up before FD starts at 1800Z on
   >Saturday, you can't operate all 27 hours--you can only operate 24
   >consecutive. If you do your set-up starting 1800Z on Saturday, you
   >can operate during the whole 27-hour period. (I just read the rules
   >on Tuesday.)
   >I may try to hoof it down to the park on Saturday with my KX1, a
   >20-foot telescoping crappie pole, and a hunk o' wahr and do a little
   >QRP CW, but not sure if I'll actually make it or not :)
I fell into being fd chairman for the SLidell La. club, w5sla thanks
to our fd chair having other things going on with family which took
priority over ham radio.  Hence I"m flying by the seat of my pants.

HOwever there's a young man who's big on qrp cw says he'll help us
keep a cw station on the air this year so I'm hoping to hold him to
that.  IF you all hear w5sla on either mode work us and say howdy.
WE're working from the clubhouse as we fell down on getting a jump on
the remote site thing.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania