From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 10:14:54 -0500
        I am afraid to do this, but here goes.
It's time to buy a radio!
I have been reading this list and have brought it down to four options.
1. Kenwood ts570 DG.
2.  Kenwood TS2000.
3.  Kenwood ts870.
4.  Eilkraft k2 with amp and adaptive software.

Not sure if all rigs have all of the features I want.

1.  Compleete accessibility.
2.  Good CW Rigs.

I really am not interested in prioritizing things above 30MHZ.
Would like general coverage and good sounding A.M on the radios.
Kenwood sale to the end of May.
570 $949  870 $1699  2000 $1499.
Then off course add good mike and a power supply.

Oh I have an external keyer and I will still have to use my external tuner
because of the nature of my HF antenna system.
Also have a clearspeech speaker.
so will have stuff to use or sell.  I will sell my c-line to pay for part
of the new radio.
Will keep the omni as the backup station.
All opinions are wellcome.
It's my first HF purchase in 25 years.