From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 16:25:01 -0400
Hi Shawn and the group.  I never thought I would be doing this free of cords
and a desk, but I am actually sitting out in the yard, and am enjoying the
nice weather here, and was only disconnected once in the hour or so that I
have been out here.  I don't have forever though because of course I have to
plug the machine in to charge the batteries, but I have to say I am pretty
impressed.  I still haven't given up finding an RF hotspot in my room
upstairs, but I am in a house with really thick walls, and we just have the
two computers and that's it, but this freedom to move about almost anywhere
is great.  I'm just wondering though those people who drive around with
antennas and things like that how do they get them connected to their PCS?
My uncle uses his neighbor's wireless Internet all the time, but then he
lives in a part of Boston where you and your neighbors are really close
together.