From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:10:23 -0700
A couple things worth mentioning.  I bought the mc 57 mike for my 2000 and
it is really cool.  You can use the key pad on the mike to enter memories,
frequencies and so forth.

I'm trying to define the extra function keys and was wondering if anyone
has a list ov what the particular numbers mean.  The manual I have in text
format doesn't appear to list all the choices and they're not numbered or
anything.  In particular, I'm still trying to figure out a way to just
turn xmit audio monitor on or off without having to adjust the level each
time.  So far, that is the only way I can turn it off or on is by changing
the level.

I find the mike keyboard in the palm of my hand much more convenient than
reaching for the keys on the radio itself.

Another thing I've wondered about this radio is the internal fan.  It
appears to run most of the time.  I'm accustomed to leaving my rig on 24
hours a day, but am a little hesitant to do this on the 2000 because of
fan wear.  Any thoughts anyone?
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr