From:
Keith Reedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:14:58 -0500
Hello and thank you for your note,

I am blind and I have used the Icom, IC-T90A for over a year.  Almost all
of the functions are useable with one hand and the CW read out makes the
hand held the most useable hand held on the market.

The price is down to just over $200, the receiver is great and a guide and
manual can be found on,
www.icanworkthisthing.com

I hope this will be of some help.

Thanks and 73.

Keith-WA9DRO

At 08:50 AM 2/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>As manager of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind Amateur =
>Radio Program, I would like your assistance answering the following =
>questions.
>
>We are in the process of evaluating VHF/UHF handhelds to be recommended =
>to our members. =20
>
>Which handheld would you chose and why?=20
>
>We would like to gather information such as ease of use, durability, =
>features, reception and price.
>
>Do you have any comments on the Kenwood THF6A?
>
>Would you have any comments on Icom or Yaesu handhelds?
>

>Please contact me at [log in to unmask] or by any means listed below.
>

>73 de Randy=20
>
>Randy Nelson VE3WRN
>Manager, CNIB Amateur Radio Program
>1929 Bayview Avenue
>Toronto, ON  M4G 3E8
>T: (416) 480-7438
>F: (416) 480-7677
>E: [log in to unmask]
>W: www.cnib.ca/amateurradio=20

Keith-WA9DRO
Illiana Skywarn Coordinator
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
Hudson Taylor