Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:04:05 -0800
I hope people don't think I was yelling!  If you heard me and my group on my
2 repeaters you might think we were a little less than professional.  In
fact we affectionately call my repeaters the "lid repeaters" but in fact we
have a good technical minded group of hams and don't do the club thing or
police anybody.  As an example I have 4 repeaters at my site 2 of which are
mine.  The loose knit group has 5 guys running repeaters to the tune of 11
actively on the air covering 6 meters to 900mhz and none of them are 2 meter
machines..  I just wanted to point it out as I have seen it become more and
more prevalent on this group to sign the emails that way.  Personally I
wouldn't bother signing that way but to each their own and further more I
thought I would stir up a little dust here on the group.  Been entirely too
quiet lately on this group hi hi.

I will wait for another time and bring up people saying hi hi on the air
usually on fm.  Old cw types find this really different because in the old
days we didn't have "LOL" and those other internet ways of laughing out loud
(hi hi)  When working at the higher cw speeds hi hi does almost sound like
laughter...

VERY 73'sssssss de k5in Everett Washington  .