Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:15:17 -0400
7bit
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Paleogal wrote:

>>You mentioned about 2 weeks ago that your fasting
>>glucose levels are consistently in the 90's.  Mine
>>were consistently in the 80's until I went off all
>>liquid oils and increased the saturated fat in my
>>diet.  Now my fasting glucose levels are up in the
>>90's as well, confirmed after two separate tests.
>>

>This is the same for me.  When I lowered the sat fat in my diet my morning
>bg levels were in the 70's and low 80's so there's something to this.....
>With sat fat it was in the upper 80's.  Surprisingly, beef gives a higher bg
>level than pork or chicken.  Thats grass fed, don't know about
>commercial.....  For some reason, fish is up there with beef.  Any ideas on
>this?  Oliva

The received view is that sat fat increases IR by altering cell
membranes.  But skeptics say that this is a temporary effect that shows
up in short-term studies.  For example, Wolfgang Lutz claims that after
months on a low-carb, high sat fat diet, insulin sensitivity actually
improves.  So who knows?  IR is also said to increase with age, one of
the "inevitable" changes that go with the aging process.  I tend to be
highly skeptical of such claims, because much of what is considered
inevitable may simply be the common signs of metabolic difficulties
caused by wrong diet and sedentism.  I have no clue why fish and beef
should result in higher BG scores, and I haven't really tested my own
response.

Yesterday morning, my BG was 96.  I ate one meal yesterday: It was a
chicken pesto, with an olive oil base, and a generous helping of
kalamata olives.  On the whole, it was a very oily meal.  And that was
it for the day.  I got to bed fairly early and slept well.  This morning
my BG was 99.

Todd Moody