From:
Karen Valderrama <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Valderrama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:25:16 -0700

Hello All,

I purchased a loaf of bread at my local Whole Foods, which has taken to keeping their gluten-free breads in a refrigerated section.  I plucked out a loaf labeled "Brown Rice, Yeast Free".  A few days later, with stomach acting up for no reason, I READ the label - Brown Rice/Whole Wheat, Yeast Free.  Yes, I guess you have to read everything, no assumptions allowed.  The "Brown Rice" was in large print, the "Whole Wheat" considerably smaller, however the first ingredient listed was whole wheat flour.

Karen V.