From:
April Mitzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
April Mitzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:49:08 +0000

Thank you for all your responses. Following is a summary which I will pass
on to my friend.

The following shampoos were listed as GF:
Pantene
Tom's of Maine Honeysuckle Baby Shampoo
Biolage Glaze, shampoo and conditioner
Phyto organics - "The Arts" shampoo and gel by Nexus

One person said she has had success with Paul Mitchell products (but did not
specificaly state they were GF).

Wheat Protein and Wheat Germ Oil is common in hair products so be sure to
check label & have colorist call the company for verification of gluten-free
status and/or check the label.

Two persons suggested that DH is only caused by gluten ingestion.  I do not
suffer from DH and only avoid topical contaminaiton from products such as
lipstick so I cannot respond.  Does anyone have a definitive answer and
source for verifying this?

April