Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:23:57 -0500

Some time ago there was a discussion about problems with itchy ears and how that might be related to CD.  I lost track of the discussion, but have been working on the problem.

You're welcome to use the following as you wish...

1:  Cleaned ears with a Q-tip, then cleaned ears with witch hazel (Dickinson's).
Result: no itching for about an hour.

2:  Cleaned ears using Q-tip with witch hazel, then used a Q-tip to apply hand lotion (Lubriderm)
Result: no itching for about 1/2 day

3:  Cleaned ears using Q-tip with witch hazel, then used 2nd Q-tip and applied Vitamin E oil
Result: no itching for about 1 week and as long as 2 weeks.... Bliss!
(Am using JASON Natural Cosmetics Vitamin E from Whole Foods.  It's in the mid-range between oily and dry.  Make sure that the Vit E absorbs into your skin easily because you don't want to put something drippy into your ear.  I used this brand on my skin for about a week to make sure it had fast absorption.  Dip the tip into the oil and then roll it around the inside neck of the bottle to eliminate excess oil.  The first time you may need to apply a second application.).

These ingredients are gf.  For some reason keeping my ears from itching also keeps my physical system calmer.  Don't know what to make of that.  Any comments?

Clean-ears Mary