Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:24:29 -0500

Below are some additional responses I received on Food Intolerance
testing after I posted the summary.

    *******************

just a note, as i have not tried this, but in Atkins, there is a
discussion on a home allergy test.  It is either to take a
temperature within 2 hours of exposure, or check for increased pulse
rate.  I think it is probably the temperature.  at least i remember
him saying there is a reaction in the person that can be detected:)
best to you and yours:)
lfj

    *******************

Thanks for the great summary.  I must have missed contributing to this,
but I would like to add my 2 cents.  Conventional doctors always say
these tests are useless, but what do they know?  Food allergy testing &
subsequent elimination of my offending foods was a key component in my
recovery from a death spiral I was trapped in several years ago.  Delayed
food allergy testing IS the foundation of much of alternative medicine.
That's the reason conventional doctors discount it's benefits.  It's
simple professional jealousy.

Valerie Wells RN  (I've been around the block a few times in the world of
medicine!)

    *******************

A little word of warning about enterolabs and you can ignore this if
you want. My husband came back as being just intolerant to gluten and
not celiac according to doctor fine of enterolabs. Well about a month
later he had a end/colonoscopy that said not only was he celiac he
was pretty bad off. So I contacted Dr.Fine about this and he said
well then I guess he is just must fall into 1% of the population for
not turning up on my test. When I asked others about there results
with Dr.Fine I have yet to come across anyone who wasn't eiter Gluten
INtolerant or Celiac according to Dr. Fine, now lots of people are,
but everyone who tests with him? My GI doctor has actually talked to
Dr.Fine personally and while he says his findings are pretty
interesting they are yet to be widely accepted in the medical
community. (I think maybe because everyone comes back positive? just
my guess) Also to say my husband was not Celiac when he most
certainly was and when told so to say, "well he just falls into the
1% of the population that doesn't show the gene" hmmm... Sorry, just
my family spent over $1,200 testing with him (4 people were tested)
and I think we got giped. Please dont think I am telling you want to
do in anyway, I just dont want anyone to be led astray like we were.
Hillary

--
Aimee Rye
LBJ School of Public Affairs