Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:23:52 -0500

At 2:31 PM -0400 4/13/04, Dawn Dutton wrote:

>I received a list of gluten free items from Arby's that I find too confusing
>to try and pass on.  If you are interested in getting the list, I'd suggest
>you contact:
>Ernie McCullough, Ph.D.
>Food Safety / Regulatory Affairs
>Compliance Officer
>ARBY'S, INC. as servicer to ARBY'S FRANCHISE TRUST
>954-351-5175

Dr. McCullogh sent also me a very long list of ingredients of all of
Arby's foods, but (as he also predicted) it was too inconclusive to
be useful, with all the "modified food starch," "natural
ingredients," etc.

So, he then forwarded an Excel document, showing which foods are and
which are not GF, without referencing all the detailed ingredients.
That is, I gather that they have researched the nebulous ingredients
and were able to make up a GF/non-GF food list.

As Dawn says, if you have questions, do call the number she provided
(above).  When we called, Dr. McCullough was quite nice and helpful,
and did seem to understand celiac disease.  (Though it took him
several days to return my call.)  He also noted that they get MANY
MANY calls about celiac disease, daily.

The following items are listed as being GLUTEN-FREE by Arby's, with
THEIR disclaimer as noted:

NOTE:  "Although this information has been obtained from
sources believed to be reliable (usually the manufacturer
or supplier), we are not able to give assurances or guarantees
that this is a complete, current or accurate listing of gluten in
these ingredients.  Should you have concerns, we suggest that
you consider a different menu item."

MEATS:

Pepper Bacon
Pre-cooked Bacon (breakfast)
Bacon Bits
Bacon (raw)
Roast Ham
Roast Beef
Pepperoni (sub set up)
Salami (sub set up)
Turkey Breast
Sausage Patties

OILS (I included these, but -- as Dawn passed along -- they do not
have dedicated fry tubs, so anything deep fried is not safe):

[pink] fry sauce
All Vegetable Liquid Corn Oil Frying OIL
Bun Toasting Pan & Grill
Bun Toasting Oil

MISC:

Peppers & Onions

Cream Cheese Roll Icing
TJ Cinnamon Sticky Bun Smear
Arby's Icing

Natural Pecan Pieces
Shake Mix
Mocha Chill
Shake Syrups (all flavors)

Potato Cakes [THESE MAY BE DEEP-FRIED, AND, IF SO, WOULD NOT BE SAFE)
Green Leaf Lettuce
Easy Eggs Deluxe Scrambled Egg Mix
Green Leaf Lettuce

SAUCES:

Arby's Sauce
Arby Q (BBQ) sauce
Santa Fe Sauce
Three Pepper Sauce
BBQ Dipping Sauce
Bullseye BBQ Sauce
Tartar Sauce
Tangy SW sauce
Sweet & Sour Sauce
Dijon Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Parmesan Sauce
All Salad Dressings
Sub Sauce
Honey Mustard Dipping & Sandwich sauce
Spicy Brown Honey Mustard
Caesar Sandwich sauce
Creamy Ranch spread
Bronco Berry sauce
Ketchup
Mustard
White Vinegar
Tabasco
Pouch Pack Pickle
Marinara sauce (4506)
Alfredo sauce (4029)
Lite Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise
Red Ranch Dressing

BEVERAGES (other than soft drinks, which he did not list):

Orange Juice
Regular & Flavored TJC Coffee

CHESSE:

Fancy Shredded Cheddar