From:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 09:04:52 -0400

Since I went GF in February, I noticed that I have a lot of new clusters of
spider veins on my legs all of a sudden, as well as some minor varicose
veins. Has anyone else experienced this?

I can tell that I have either more blood or richer blood since going GF
because I have color in my skin and nail beds like never before. I get
flushed more easily. Or perhaps my metabolism is up and my heart is pushing
more blood through. I'm wondering if my poor undernourished veins just can't
handle all of this "new" blood and that's why this might be happening.

Also, to those of you who bruise easily, does this ever go away? My legs are
covered in bruises. I've been doing a lot of moving and yard work. I'm
wondering if I can ever wear shorts without being embarrassed. My 2 year-old
son (also GF since Feb.) is also bruising more suddenly. I guess it could be
because it's warmer out and we are more active? Could it be something we are
eating?

Thanks so much! I will summarize once (and if) I receive responses.
Christine in NH