ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:26:43 -0500
Hi Guys,
Well, here we go again in the Christopher department. Silly me, I thought
that things were getting better, but Chris really went off course
yesterday and we’d appreciate your prayers to handle it right. At least
we can say that we aren’t reacting this time, but responding. That is a
true work of God in our lives for which I am so grateful. Believe me, I’d
like to react at this point, but I’d just lose the battle and I’m more
interested in winning the war so Greg and I are practicing self control,
thank you Lord!
Wednesday, Chris had asked if he could start riding home with a friend,
who’s name he wouldn’t give me. Anyway, I had told him that I would talk
to the mother of a third friend who was already riding with this boy,
learn more and get back to him on it.
Well, yesterday, I started worrying when I thought that Chris’s bus was
about fifteen minutes late. Finally after about being twenty minutes late
we decided to call the bus company and, low and behold, Chris had never
gotten on the bus. We also knew instantly that Chris hadn’t called to say
that he had missed the bus so it wasn’t hard to put two and two together.

Finally, when chris was about forty five minutes late, he walked in our
back door and not our front door. He admitted that he hhad been with this
person, but he wouldn’t say more. The bus takes about an hour to get to
our house from school so, Chris was unaccounted for, again for about an
hour and forty five minutes.
Well, After about two hours, Greg and I were able to get hold of this
third boys mother, that I had mentioned earlier that we would call just
to check things out. Low and behold, Chris and these others had gone to a
place called, Games Unlimited; a kind of hang out for teens with all
kinds of games there from checkers to roll playing. On top of that, Chris
had been asking us about buying some decks of magic cards so that he
could roll play. I think that it’s kind of a more advanced form of
Pokemon from what we’ve been able to learn. Well, we didn’t let our kids
get Pokemun and we said no to the magic cards too. Guess what Chris
bought two decks of while he was at Games Unlimited? We know this because
it’s about 4:30 am. Chris is sleeping and we’ve gone through his
backpack. We’ve got them now and, greg stashed them in one of the holes
that Chris has punched in our walls in the past. We definitely need to
bind satan in this situation.
Anyway, chris has lied about so many things in this situation that it
just makes me sick. Sadly, we really thought that things were going
better. Chris was being nicer. He would even wash the dishes if I asked
him. All the kids used to take turns at chores, but Chris got rebellious
about it a while back. We really thought that things were getting better.
He’s still insisting on being a vegetarian, but he doesn’t eat healthy.
He eats mostly peanut butter and jelly sandwichs and chips, when he can
get away with it. He avoids eating with the family and tries to graze
later.
We do finally have an appointment with a regular doctor to try Chris on
something for A.D.D. It’s just a trial. We never did make it in to the
psychiatrist that was recommended, too busy I guess. Chris has dropped a
class at school and picked up another study hall and his grades seem to
be doing a little better; he’s bringing home grades above failing anyway.
I hope that that means that he is caring a little more.
Thank you guys for being there to talk too. Paul is right when he says
family, because you are.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!