C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:26:05 EST
Maybe I am dense,  but I see no connection between voting for GOP or DEM and
having lived in other countries. I have been to Isreal, Canada Mexico and UK.
One of my biggest
concerns is that George Bush has not enough international experience.
Visiting a country as President of the US is very different from your ddaughter's
experience. Our president's world view:actually consists of growing up and
liviing in Texas. I am a native Texan and retired back to Austin so I love Texas.
But the native Texans I have met who have not traveled outside Texas have a
narrow worldview. You learn alot being in other countries.And you learn quickly
that many peoples and I am speaking of persons frieendly to the US do not view
us as all kind and compassionate. I hate it the Americans young persons are
being maimed and killed in a land they would not give .02 cents for.However, I
voted for Bush.
Why? Sometimes I don't even know.

Bobby
We are all Americans...no matter who did win and who didnt.  We are still the
same people and lucky that we do live in America...land of the free.  How
many have lived outside of the country?  My daughter lived in a castle in
Holland.  And traveled all over Europe.  Also spent a summer living in and
traveling
France.  After a week or less in Holland...she emailed me to say...get me out
of here...I dont care where in the US you put me...but get me back.  Of
course..I left here there and she learned to deal with the differences....and
for
that...She appreciates The United States Of America.  It was a learning
experience for her.  Something she may never have the chance to do again.  It
took her
a great deal to adjust being back home.  We are so different than Europeans
for sure.