From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:29:51 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/2004 3:15:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

That's  inpressive. Did you limit your fruits also? What about  portion
sizes?

Also, you eventually did have to go on medications,  is that correct?
(even so, your 10 med free years are  impressive).

Is your diet helping you control your blood  sugar?

Yes, when I am eating fruits it is usually Strawberries, blackberries,
raspberries, cantaloupe and a small apple occasionally.

Yes, I had a rather severe trauma which brought on cellulitus and my BG's
went haywire so I went on insulin.

Yes, my "blood sugar" control is achieved 80% by my food regimen.

I am at present on a very limited diet so I can reduce my insulin
requirements and loose weight. My present diet is NO carbohydrates, only protein  and
fat. This is similar to what the remote Eskimos eat. I eat all the organ  meats
that I can.I have been on this regimen for a month now and have reduced my
insulin needs by 36% and lost 18 pounds. JerrySteg