NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:56:42 -0400
  Ok, we all have bad days.  How long have you known about these allergies?  Do any of your other children have allergies?  I am on the board of a local support group for food allergies  and asthma.  I know how hard it is, I really do.  I was so sad and overwhelmed when I first found out about my older son's allergies.  He then went on to have other serious and for a long time undiagnosed issues.  At one time, I really did believe I was going to lose him.  He has stopped eating entirely, and we were considering a feeding tube.  he was so sick...but it all started out as being a milk allergy....so when I say "just" a milk allergy, I by no means meant that THAT, in itself, was not enough....just that many people, as I am sure you now know, are dealing with multiple allergies.  I highly recommend POFAK.  My post about Hunter's gassiness wasn't as much a post about gassiness as a post about a baby that I fear is going down he same highly allergic to anything and everything road that so many here have traveled.  I hope we can get to know each other and help each other, Kim.  It is very scary and overwhelming.  I am just trying to figure out how to best approach a 2nd allergic child, so bear with my sometimes seemingly simple or non-serious questions...I am so cared that my 2nd will get as sick as my first.

  Again, I hope we can help each other...especially if you are new to this, please feel free to ask me anything!!  Through my local support group, I have the privilege to have access to a lot of wonderful moms, who are invaluable resources, who are dealing with the daily role of mothering a multiple-food allergy (many of whom have had anaphylactic incidents) child(ren).

  Hope you find what you need here, Kim.

  Nancy
  Mom to Tyler, 5/6/01, allergic to milk and fish; outgrew soy and egg; env. allergies to dog, grass, pollen, and mold; asthma  *and*
  Hunter, 8/23/03, reflux, eczema, allergic to milk, soy, oatmeal, bananas, and squash (so far); on Neocate and rice cereal and now pears.