NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:50:25 -0400
Well, I am very sorry that you feel that way.  Your email was very rude.  My older son has a very severe milk allergy as well as other issues.  I have found this list to be very helpful to me.  My younger son, Hunter, has many food allergies/intolerances (I am not exactly sure yet) including milk.  I will continue to post to this list regarding my allergy questions until a moderator tells me not to do so.  Many people here have other issues besides just a milk allergy or intolerance and I have found this list to be a wealth of knowledge from caring people who want to help others.  If you want a list where ONLY severe milk allergies are discussed, I challenge you to find one...I looked when my son was first diagnosed and I was naive to believe it would be his only issue.  I am very happy for you if this is the only thing you are dealing with...not to say it is not hard and overwhelming, for I know it is.  POFAK was suggested to you, and I second that...but beware, they discuss all allergies and medical issues related to allergies NOT just milk allergy.  Again, I find your post rude and patronizing and I do not appreciate it.  I am no stranger to REAL, LIFE THREATENING allergies and I know a possible reaction involving stomach issues does not compare to that, but I am trying to avoid my son developing severe allergies and I find this list to be helpful.  I am sorry if my post seemed inappropriate to you, but yours seemed equally inappropriate to me.  If there is anything I can help you with regarding the milk allergy, I would be happy to do so.  My son is almost 3 and was diagnosed at 13 months.

Nancy