ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:13:00 -0500
Grant,

I'm supposing this topic is age old, and never will be settled  in the
beliefs of those who are on opposite sides of the fence of it. I do want to
clarify a couple things before I leave it. I have not said sin was the
engine for my belief of one potentially  losing salvation, neither did I
say works had anything to do with it. So the question of how many sins it
takes to lose salvation  or how much works it takes to gain or regain it,
is irrelevant. I do not, and have never believe such. The question of
salvation is much deeper than that. Who am I to say for sure that God can,
will, does, or has taken away salvation? I merely believe it is possible
looking at his justness. If we do not have any part in our realization of
salvation, or decision to accept it, then God has created human robots? His
saying for us to chose blessing or cursing, life or death, is just a story
of no substance? And  what then was the purpose of Jesus preaching to the
multitudes? Why do we have the great comission? To keep us busy? Again, I
must say, it is by grace and his mercy , even after we realize, decide or
whatever you wish to call it, that we are indeed saved, that removes any
control on our part, but yet he requires we accept the sacrifice, which
without it as a basic requirement , we are not saved.  I believe people can
come to reject Christ after having once known him, and by that noe, to me
seems dangerously close to the possibility of suffering the eternal
consequences. Again, this will probably not come to a point of agreement,
and that is fine to agree to disagree. In the end, it is God's decision, I
personally think it foolish to even be of the mind to test approaching  the
line.

Brad