ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:51:07 -0600
Voice in the Night

In the long night that feels like dawn will never come
In the hours of sober silence
In the dark of the dark
I turn my heart to the light of lights
The light of the world.

And he speaks with a voice like a cricket song
With a voice like a sudden heightened gust of wind
With a voice deep and full, resounding rich notes of musical peace..
He speaks, and my ears hear the one they seek for
For him, whom my soul adores, and admires more than all others
He  fills the cups of my ears with his melodious voice and winsome ways
Yes I hear you  Lord, your thoughts are precious to me as I am to you.
And we talk together in these early hours as one friend communes with
another
I mostly listen as I hear your voice.
And more, I hear your heart

Vicki Ireland, April 2004