ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Grant E. Metcalf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:02:27 -0700
Brad,  Regarding the primary interpretation of grafting in Romans 11, I
will have to agree with John.  Paul is warning Gentiles not to assume an
attitude of arrogance.  Surely this is applicable to individuals since
obviously it is the individual who assumes the attitude, in this case, a
Gentile.  Romans 9, 10 and 11 are all dealing with Israel's past, present
and future, and, they will be grafted into the olive tree again if
Scripture has any thing to say about it.  And, there will be Gentile
nations who will be saved, made up of individuals, and existing in the
millennial reign of Christ also.

If we use this passage with regard to our salvation and is perminence or
lack thereof, it would seem to me that we are making God very capricious
and one may or may not lose his salvation on a whim.  Just how many works
must one perform to maintain his or her salvation?  Where does salvation,
or saving faith come from in the first place?  "For by grace you are saved
by faith and that not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God not of
works lest any man should boast."  And yes, "We are His workmanship
created in Christ Jesus unto good works that we should walk in them."
Again, I would ask, How many sins does it take to cancel out good works?
Will one sin cost us our salvation? And which one would that be?
Furthermore, since we are given the "earnest" or "pledge" of the Holy
Spirit at salvation, this would mean that should we be cast into hell that
the part of the Holy Spirit would go with us and suffer eternal damnation.
I thought that Christ took care of all that at Calvary -- past, present
and future.  God saved us, gave us faith as a gift, knowing that we would
fail Him to one degree or another in this world--even as believers.  It is
sad to say that their are some believers who presume upon the grace of
God, however, there is a price to be paid in this life and with respect to
the rewards recieved in the future.  Hopefully each one of us will serve
God for the right reasons with the right spiritual attitude.  God does
look upon the heart, its motives and rewards accordingly.  First
Corinthians 4:5.

Please forgive me for rambling a bit.  I did change the subject line as it
is no longer relevant to demon possession in my opinion.

Grant
Listening for His shout! - First Thessalonians 4:16

Visit the Home Page of Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Incorporated at
http://thegems.shellworld.net