ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
vinny samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:03:26 -0700
Hi Everyone,
Frankly, I don't have an opinion on this matter.  However, I do have an
experience to share.  I think, that even when I was an unregenerate
Catholic, when I was 21 and was determining that I should take my life, one
of the things that kept me from proceeding more quickly was that they church
always taught that those who did such things would wind up in hell.
Now, two more points, which I hope you will find interesting.
When I decided to do it, I tried to get counsel from some of the priests at
my church, but when I went there, they were partying.   I knew that there
was no way I could interrupt them to ask for the desperate help I needed.
Now, being scared to do the deed, I waited one night, trying to get up the
nerve to do it.  Meanwhile, I turned on the radio, and there was Billy
Graham.
After I listened to him, I prayed, and the Lord came into my heart.  That
was the end of the suicidal thoughts  for the time being.
The other point that I remember, and this is more  subjective, and without
scripture to back it up, is that I read a book about someone who had a
near-death experience, and whom the Lord showed heaven and hell.
One of the things this person saw and heard were these disembodied spirits,
following living people.  These spirits were crying out "I'm sorry, I'm
Sorry, I'm sorry".  The author was made to know that these spirits had been
people who had committed suicide, and who had inflicted so very much pain on
family and friends
Now, I'm glad tghe God has the final say, and that he is a merciful judge,
and who knows the hearts of all people.  So I'll leave that in his hands.
Vinny