ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:14:15 -0500
Phil,

To my immediate knowledge, I have never seen reference to suicide and not
be heaven bound if one is born again. However  one of the commandments is
"Thou  shalt not kill" and pretty well covers that we ought not do it.
Jesus gave us two commands that cover all the previous ten so we're covered
in the new covenant as well. This probably falls less understood than "once
saved, always saved" who wants to put God to the test and find out what he
really meant? I have my own interpretation on the latter, but for suicide?
I believe many people  use the suicide equates hell to scare the person
threatening it enough to stall them to get help. Some it may work on, and
some are so destitute they do not care and feel they need out of the pain
they are in at any cost. possession, Oppression, depression and loss of
hope can rob one of the faith and truth of life now and a glorious future.
God's word requires we believe in him through his son Jesus Christ, and if
we do we are his  children and are heaven bound. Whether God equates
believing  in him  to the point of total faith and not dealing with fear ,
possession, oppression and depression by suicide, that is his call. The
word tells us we can't please him without faith. Is suicide an act of
faith? Whether he counts that as  disbelief to a point of separation
forever more? Who knows... not me.

Brad

   All computers are frozen at the same speed