C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Freels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:27:14 -0400
At the 3rd Symposium last July Dr Pierre Marois of Canada approached me and
several others and said he wanted to explain exactly what happened with the
infamous "Collet study" on HBOT for cp.

Also with Dr Marois was Claudine Nadieux (sp?) and Tom Fox. Other listeners
besides myself included Dr Ignacio Fojgel, MD of Argentina, Dr Philip James
of the UK, Ken Locklear of *Hyperbaric Medicine Today* (HMT), Julie Gordon
of MUMS and perhaps one or two others.

This 90-minute meeting was taped and has now been burned to a CD in
5-minute increments (so as to make it easier to find or reference specific
statements). The sound quality is not perfect, as this was converted from a
microcassette, but it is very understandable.

Because the Collet study has prevented so many parents from getting
Medicaid reimbursement of HBOT for their children, I am offering copies of
this interview for $15 to cover my costs of time, blank CD's, burning CD's,
and mailing CD's.

The only CD-R's I've found at Best Buy can only record 80 minutes and
because the interview is 90 minutes, I've had to burn two CD's.

I do not have cassettes or the capability of recording the interview onto
cassettes.

If you've been turned down for HBOT because of the Collet trial, or your MD
has dismissed HBOT because of Collet, this interview could be very
instrumental toward setting the record straight.

An article on this interview will also be published in the next issue of
*Hyperbaric Medicine Today*.

If you are interested, please send me a check for $15 to the address below.

David Freels
2948 Windfield Circle
Tucker, GA 30084-6714
770/491-6776 (phone)