BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:45:32 -0600
Ralph is correct.  Not merely on the technical issues.  But, if the
building is significant, then the hand of the workmen, the trades, the
materials, the practices of the time, these things are significant.  If
you avoid protecting and preserving the historic construction methods,
and leave them in a state where they can no longer be studied, then
what you have preserved is a mere three dimensional graphic, not a body
of construction and design knowledge.

-jc